Call for Papers
The organizing committee invites one page abstract submissions (350-500 words).
Papers may focus on any sector/industry, but should draw from the service management or services marketing literature. Preference will be given to those submissions that represent a clear contribution to the current body of theoretical knowledge in services.
No author should have more than three submissions, as either single or a co-author.
Call for papers is available here.
Use the following template to prepare an abstract.
Best Paper Awards
The symposium best paper and three highly commended paper awards will be presented by the Journal of Service Management (JOSM) and will be selected from full paper submissions only. This is given to all the authors of the award winning paper.
Young Service Researcher Award
The symposium will also present awards for young service researchers selected by the committee. We would like to invite you to apply for the “Young Service Researcher Award”.
This is a prestigious research award to motivate and support emerging researchers (for example: lecturer, assistant professor). It also provides an opportunity to network with service researchers from other countries.
One of the key objectives of this award is to promote high impact research and also to nurture research collaborations between the award recipients and researchers from the sponsoring Centre/University. The selection of the ‘Young Service Researcher’ will be based on the following:
- Applicants must be currently employed as a junior faculty (teacher) or a full-time PhD student at a University or College.
- Applicants must have submitted a full paper/extended abstracts to the IRSSM-11 by April 5th, 2023.
- The applicant’s research should make a clear theoretical contribution to the present body of knowledge in services (in service sectors such as: tourism and hospitality, retailing, health services, financial services, IT, etc).
- The applicant should present the paper at the symposium.
- Eligible applicants should send a letter of motivation indicating their keen interest in research and hence why they should be considered.
Applicants should send their ‘research resume’, highlighting their previous research, publications and conference presentations record. You are kindly requested to send information together with the full paper / extended abstract to IRSSM 11 secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a copy to the conference chair Professor email@example.com.